National Physician Payment Transparency Program (Sunshine Act)
On February 1, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its long-awaited final rule implementing the Sunshine provisions of the Patient Protections and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
What You Should Know
What the AUA is Doing
- AMA, AUA Comments to CMS on Sunshine Act Implementation, Physician Data Review [pdf] August 5, 2014
- AUA Joins Partners for Healthy Dialogues in Commenting on Open Payments Implementation [pdf] July 29, 2014
- AUA, Alliance of Specialty Medicine Comments on Open Payments Registration Processes / Review, Dispute and Correction of Public Data [pdf] July 28, 2014
- AUA Comments to CMS on Open Payments Dispute Resolution Process [pdf] June 2, 2014
- Joint Letter Opposing Inclusion of Medical Textbooks and Journal Reprints as Reportable Value [pdf] October 28, 2013
- AUA Comments on Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction in Medicare, Medicaid [pdf] April 8, 2013
What You Can Do
Visit the AUA Advocacy Center for updates on alerts and calls to action on this issue.