American Urological Association - Micropenis and Concealed Penis
Micropenis and Concealed Penis
- Normally-formed penis with a size that is 2 or > standard deviations less than the mean.
- Ratio of length to circumference is normal.
- Corpora cavernosa may be fused, and scrotum is generally fused (and diminutive).
- Testes are small and often cryptorchid.
- 3 most common causes are: Kallman's syndrome, primary testicular failure, and idiopathic.
- Normally developed penis that becomes buried in a suprapubic fat pad.
- May be congenital or idiopathic (following circumcision) or, as shown, "acquired"! (image A) & (image B).