American Urological Association - Spermatocele
- Also known as "acquired epididymal cyst".
- Consists of dilation of an efferent ductule in the region of rete testis or caput epididymis.
- Gross: cyst may be unilocular or multilocular.
- Cyst inner lining consists of a single layer of cuboidal to flattened epithelial cells which are often ciliated (image A) & (image B).
- Wall is composed of fibromuscular soft tissue often with chronic inflammation.
- Cyst fluid contains spermatozoa, which distinguishes a spermatocele from a hydrocele.