Prepare for Recertification
AUA Recertification (MOC) Review Course
Over 15 Hours of Content
The AUA's Self-Assessment Study Program (SASP) is the AUA's most popular study tool for recertification. Developed each year, SASP is a 150-question, multiple-choice practice examination that addresses the core curriculum of medical knowledge and latest advances in patient care.
Why is the SASP the AUA's most popular study tool for exam preparation?
- SASP is constructed in the same style as the ABU Recertification Examination.
- 20-25 percent of the ABU Recertification Examination comes directly from the SASP!
- SASP helps to fulfill the CME requirements mandated by the ABU Maintenance of Certification (MOC)© process by offering up to 20.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per year successfully completed.
- SASP provides participants their scores, the average scores of their peers, and access to detailed answer commentary and scientific references allowing participants to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in various clinical areas.
There are four convenient formats to meet your learning preference:
- Online (1 year and 5 year bundle)
- Q-Stream – Send questions right to your smartphone, computer or tablet!
Here's what your colleagues are saying about SASP:
"Good review of wide range of urology topics. Helps identify areas where more study is needed."
"Really like the format…the answer commentary and references are invaluable."
"…with (my) solo practice, it’s hard to get away for meetings – I learn about trends…and earn a lot (of) CME."
The American Board of Urology (ABU)
The mission of the ABU is to act for the benefit of the public to insure high quality, safe, efficient, and ethical practice of urology by establishing and maintaining standards of certification for urologist.
The ABU Recertification Examination
Physicians certified in 1985 or later must complete the recertification process to maintain their certification as a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology. Recertification is valid for 10-year increments past the expiration date of the original certification or previous recertification, subject to Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
In 2007, the American Board of Urology joined the 23 other member boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) in implementing Maintenance of Certification. The MOC process will extend over a 10-year period, with some requirements in the process to be completed every two years.