American Urological Association - Vas Deferens
- Functions to conduct spermatozoa from epididymis to urethra.
- About 30-40 cm long, which distally joins the excretory duct of seminal vesicles to form the ejaculatory duct.
- Thick walled muscular tube consisting of three layers (image A).
- Lined by pseudostratified ciliated epithelium (like the epididymis) thrown into folds to create a stellate lumen (unlike the epididymis, which has a smooth tubular lumen) (image B).
- Occasionally may have few microcalcifications.
- Very rare site of tumor involvement.