Pathology for Urologists
- More common in the Middle East than in the U.S.
- Should be suspected in patients with testicular enlargement and undulating fever, malaise, night sweats, weight loss, and headache.
- On occasion, may mimic a testicular tumor.
- Dense inflammatory infiltrate with lymphocytes and histiocytes.
- Occasional non-caseating granulomas may be identified.
- Seminiferous tubules are infiltrated, and may become atrophic as well.
© 2016 American Urological Association Education and Research Inc. All Rights Reserved.