In 1993, the AUA and the EAU began an award program designed to provide young urology faculty with an international perspective on urologic medicine. The program not only allows the sharing of knowledge and experience but is designed to foster a closer alliance between the AUA and EAU, and assists in identifying future leaders within both organizations. During the odd numbered years, European urologists visit centers in North America, and in even numbered years, North American urologists travel to European host sites. Travel schedules allow sufficient time for a comprehensive overview of clinical facilities and sufficient leisure time for sightseeing.
We will be accepting applications in 2019 for the 2020 program.
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- MD degree and full-time academic appointment of assistant professor or higher
- Active membership in the AUA
- Availability to travel for 2 weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)