The AUA's Mexican Visiting Scholar program allows one urologist from Mexico to visit the United States, during which the scholar observes urologic surgeries/procedures, and attends clinics and staff activities. The scholar does not perform surgery or hands-on patient care. The program fosters the alliance between the AUA and Mexican Urology .
This program allows one Mexican scholar to visit one U.S. host institution for a one-month period (in the spring), and an additional week to attend the AUA Annual Meeting.
To be eligible for the program, the candidate must:
- be a urologist in Mexico and be a member of a local or national urological organization in his/her country
- be a certified practicing urologist
- be 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- demonstrate competent command of the English language
- be able to proactively assist in obtaining visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- be able to travel to the United States for up to 5 weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted by October 1, 2017.