AUA Membership Requirements
Nurses (RN, LPN, and LVN), Technicians and Medical Assistants
There are a few steps that you will have to take to become an Allied member of the American Urological Association (AUA). Please review the list of requirements below and get started on your path to AUA membership by filling out an online application!
All Allied membership applicants must:
- Complete the entire application and submit the $50 (U.S. dollars) non-refundable application fee and $160 annual AUA membership dues payment.
- Submit a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV).
- Submit one (1) letter of endorsement from an AUA voting member (Active) attesting to your moral, ethical and professional competence, and stating that you have at least one year of experience in the field of urology and have devoted at least 50 percent of your professional time to urologic care. The letter should be typed in English or printed clearly on letterhead.
To assist with the application process, you can download a sample template [pdf].
Additional requirements apply as follows:
Nurses (RN, LPN, LVN)
- Submit a copy of your current nursing license(s).
- Submit a letter written by a practicing urologist on letterhead confirming you have completed in-service training in the field of urology under his/her supervision.
- Submit written evidence of your current CMA certification.
If you have any questions about these items, please contact the AUA Member Services Department.