Categories & Benefits
The AUA recognizes the importance of providing products, services and benefits to health care professionals of all levels. As a result, the following membership categories were developed to meet the needs of members in each category. Please click on the links below to review the available benefits and discounts offered for each specific category.
- Active & Associate – Urologists and Doctors of Osteopathy practicing in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America.
- Resident/Fellow – Residents and Osteopathy residents enrolled in a urology training program and clinical fellows enrolled in an accredited fellowship or post residency training program in the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America.
- International – Urologists practicing outside the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America.
- International Residents-in-Training – Residents enrolled in a urology residency training program outside of the U.S., Canada, Mexico or Central America
- Research Scientist – Research Scientists, DVMs and Non-Practicing MDs who are significantly contributing to the field of urology.
- Affiliate – Non-Urologist MDs or Doctors of Osteopathy who contribute significantly to the field of urology.
- Advanced Practice Providers – Physician Assistants and Advanced Practice Nurses (to include Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Nurse Specialists.
- Allied Health Care Professionals – Nurses (RN, LPN, and LVN), Technicians, and Medical Assistants.
- Medical/Graduate Students – Full-time medical students who are enrolled in medical school and full-time graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited graduate school program.