Active and Associate Membership
Practicing Urologists in AUA Section Boundaries
The prestige of belonging to the AUA is embedded in its long history as an established, trusted and transparent organization. For more than a century, the AUA has stood at the forefront of the development of innovative, evidence-based urologic education for urologists and urology health care professionals worldwide. As an Active or Associate member of the AUA, you can be assured that wherever you are in your career, the AUA has tools and opportunities to help you succeed.
High Quality Education & Lifelong Learning
- The AUA provides high-quality continuing medical education (CME) for lifelong learning, developed by eminent faculty.
- AUA's Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of urologists and urology professionals in the world, with 65.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ credits available, including opportunities to share, learn, network and preview the latest medical technology in the field.
Relevant News, Journals & Information
- The Journal of Urology®, the official journal of the AUA, is the most widely read and highly cited publication in the field. The Journal provides physicians with all the clinically relevant information necessary to stay at the forefront of this dynamic specialty.
- Urology Practice, the companion to The Journal, gives you critical analysis and practical advice to run your practice efficiently and with the highest quality of care.
- Online publications, to include AUANews, AUA NetNews and the AUA Policy & Advocacy Brief.
- The AUA serves as a powerful voice when advocating on the federal, state and local levels of government to promote and preserve the interests of the specialty.
- To improve patient outcomes, the AUA has developed the first evidence-based data registry to support quality initiatives for members.
- The AUA exemplifies high ethical standards across the board – with trustworthy research, reliable content, evidence-based guidelines – putting the right information in the hands of members.
Professional Development & Leadership Opportunities
- Many opportunities exist for urologists to develop their professional careers – from residency to retirement. Whether you are an academic urologist or a clinician, the AUA provides opportunities to participate on committees, councils and panels; and in our leadership program, fellowships, exchange programs and much more.
AUA Member Benefit Chart
Review the AUA Member Benefit chart for a listing of free, discounted or optional benefits by membership category.