In 2013, the AUA joined the Choosing Wisely® campaign, an initiative of the ABIM Foundation. We released a list of specific tests or procedures that are commonly ordered but not always necessary in urology. The list was expanded in 2015 and 2017, bringing the AUA's total number of recommendations to fifteen. The full list identifies targeted, evidence-based recommendations that can support conversations between patients and physicians about what care is necessary.
Choosing Wisely Resources
- AUA List of 15 Things Physicians and Patients Should Question [pdf]
- Using Opiods Safely After Surgery [pdf]
- El Uso Seguro de los Opioides Después de una Cirugía [Español]
- PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer [pdf]
- Antibiotics for People With Catheters [pdf]
- Treatment for Erection Problems [pdf]
- Tratamiento para los problemas de erección [Español]
For more information, please visit www.ChoosingWisely.org.