Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research
Applicants must complete the Applicant Information Form and the Application Agreement forms AND email one complete PDF file document that includes all other items in the stated order. Any application documentation, other than that provided in the existing grant, critiques or score sheet, using less than a 12-point font will not be reviewed.
- Complete the following forms:
- Applicant Information Form
- Application Agreement Form
- Prepare the application package to include all documents in the order below:
- Applicant Information Form
- Application Agreement Form with all necessary signatures and grant administrator contact information
- An NIH-style biosketch (no more than four pages), including research support information, highlighting the Applicant's accomplishments as a scientist.
- A statement of current other support. This includes all financial resources, whether Federal, non-Federal, commercial or institutional, available in direct support of an individual's research endeavors, including, but not limited to, research grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and/or institutional awards. Training awards, prizes or gifts are not included.
- Letter from the Applicant that includes the following:
- The aims and status of the project
- Why the research is important
- A research plan for use of the Urology Care Foundation/Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research, addressing specific points in the review critique and justification of how the award will allow the development of a competitive reapplication
- A statement that the project is receiving no external funding
- Plans for future funding and the Applicant’s statement to reapply for external funding no later than July 5, 2014
- Budget justification worksheet detailing the direct costs for which the Urology Care Foundation/Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research will be used. Although up to $10,000 can be requested, it is expected that Applicants will only request funds needed to either: 1) continue/commence research while awaiting receipt of funds from a successful grant application, or 2) respond to specific criticisms in the review critiques. Specific experiments should be documented, and a timeline for completion should be included.
- Letter from the Applicant’s department chair detailing research environment, institutional support and commitment to Applicant, including protected time for research.
- If the grant has been funded, provide a copy of the grant application package, including summary sheets and scores*
*Please note that grants, summary sheets and scores are confidential documents. However, these items are required for this competition.
- Scan all materials into one complete PDF file.
The application package must be SUBMITTED by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 p.m. LOCAL time on Monday, July 15, 2013. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered or reviewed for funding.