Rising Star in Urology Research Awards
All awards are contingent upon the Awardee’s fulfillment of the contract. Failure to meet the terms of the agreement may result in required repayment of the Award. The terms are as follows:
- Provide progress reports by email or on a disc by May 1 and November 1.
- Provide a final progress report by email or on a disc.
- Meet with the Urology Care Foundation Research Director and/or the American Urological Association (AUA) Research Council Chair annually for a review of your progress and the research environment. (Typically, these meetings will take place at the AUA Annual Meeting.)
- Participate in Urology Care Foundation-designated scientific meetings. (Some meetings may occur at Astellas Pharma US, Inc. Headquarters.)
Milestones have been developed to assess progress over the period of performance. Progress to milestones will be evaluated annually. If annual milestones are not reached, the awardee risks becoming ineligible for further support, may be withdrawn from the program, and may risk having to repay the support provided in the previous year. The milestones are:
Requirements for Years 1 - 5:
- Submit a progress reports on May 1 and November 1.
- Attend the annual interview and provide requested information in a timely manner.
- Attain timely achievement of training objectives and research specific aims as described in the career development grant, or, provide justification for any variances.
Requirements for Penultimate Year:
- To be eligible for the final year of funding, the Awardee must develop an “NIH R01 type” application, and submit it to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Veterans’ Affairs (VA) or other external funding agency, no later than the end of the fourth or penultimate funding year. Remain in academic practice for a minimum of the number of years equal to the number of years of support provided. If this obligation is not met, repayment to the Urology Care Foundation will be required.
Provide acknowledgement of support in any publication or presentation arising from work supported by the Urology Care Foundation Rising Stars in Urology Research Awards Program. Such acknowledgement should read: “This work was supported in part by a Rising Star in Urology Research Award from the Urology Care Foundation made possible through the support of Astellas Global Development, Inc.”
- Send to the Urology Care Foundation copies of articles published regarding Urology Care Foundation funded research.
- Attend required Urology Care Foundation research-related events.
- Notify the Urology Care Foundation of any personnel, location, or project status changes that occur after the Award announcement or during the Award period.
- Provide a copy of the current IRB approval letter if activities involving human subjects are planned during the proposed research.
- Provide a copy of the current IACUC approval letter if activities involving vertebrate animals are planned during the proposed research.
- Maintain an externally-funded career development award.
- Ensure that your Mentor/s will participate as reviewers for Urology Care Foundation grant programs.
Failure to adhere to these requirements and/or provide appropriate documentation may result in a delay in the next scheduled payment or termination of the Award. If an Awardee relinquishes his or her award, repayment to Urology Care Foundation will be required.
Awardees understand and acknowledge that payments for the Rising Star Award will be made directly to them and they may be personally responsible for repayment of funds provided by the award in the case that they relinquish the award or fail to meet the obligations of the award described in the Program Announcement.