Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research
Preparation of Application Materials
The Applicant must download an Application Agreement Form from the Urology Care Foundation website. The form must be completed in its entirety, including all necessary signatures as part of the application package. Applicants must also complete the online sections of the application. Prepare the application package; it should include all documents on the Application Checklist in the stated order, including:
*Please note that grants, summary sheets and scores are confidential documents. However, these items are required for this grant mechanism.
- Application Agreement Form with all necessary signatures and grant administrator contact information.
- An NIH-style biosketch (no more than four pages), including research support information, highlighting the Applicant’s accomplishments as a scientist.
- A statement of current other support. This includes all financial resources, whether Federal, non-Federal, commercial or institutional, available in direct support of an individual’s research endeavors, including, but not limited to, research grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and/or institutional awards. Training awards, prizes or gifts are not included.
- Letter from the Applicant that includes the following:
- The aims and status of the project
- Why the research is important
- A research plan for use of the Urology Care Foundation/Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research, addressing specific points in the review critique and justification of how the award will allow the development of a competitive reapplication
- A statement that the project is receiving no external funding
- Plans for future funding and the Applicant’s statement to reapply for external funding no later than July 5, 2014
- Budget justification worksheet detailing the direct costs for which the Urology Care Foundation/Ferring Pharmaceuticals Urology Research Success Award in Prostate Cancer Research will be used. Although up to $10,000 can be requested, it is expected that Applicants will only request funds needed to either: 1) continue/commence research while awaiting receipt of funds from a successful grant application, or 2) respond to specific criticisms in the review critiques. Specific experiments should be documented, and a timeline for completion should be included.
- Letter from the Applicant’s department chair detailing research environment, institutional support and commitment to Applicant, including protected time for research.
- If the grant was not funded:
- Copy of the unfunded grant*
- Copy of the unfunded grant review summary sheets and scores*
- Scan all materials into one complete PDF file.
The application package must be SUBMITTED by email to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. LOCAL time on Monday, July 15, 2013. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered or reviewed for funding.
Lay Language Statement and Photo for UrologyHealth.org
All Applicants are required to submit a short paragraph (5-6 sentences) lay language statement about their research project and a high-quality still headshot to be posted under the current Urology Care Foundation-supported research at www.UrologyHealth.org and in press releases and other promotional materials for the program. When taking the photo, please use the highest quality setting on the camera, at least 3 mega pixels.
Statements and photos will also be due no later than Monday, July 15, 2013. The statement and photo should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will only be used for promotion purposes described above. These will not be shared with reviewers and will not impact the review process or decisions of the reviewers.