The AUA is launching an open call for abstract reviewers within the urologic community.
Reviewers are crucial in ensuring a fair and equitable selection of abstracts for presentation at the AUA Annual Meeting. The scores and feedback provided by abstract reviewers aid the review team leaders, and the Scientific Program Chair (the AUA Secretary) in selecting valid, high-quality research for presentation in moderated poster and podium sessions.
Benefits of Serving as an Abstract Reviewer
- Opportunity to become involved in the AUA and influence the direction of the field of urology
- Reviewers get a firsthand look at the abstracts and help develop the scientific content presented during the meeting
- Potential opportunity to participate in the meeting as an abstract session moderator for the category in which you served as a reviewer
Those selected will review approximately 20-30 abstracts between November 13 and December 11. The estimated time commitment is 4-8 hours.
Eligibility and Application
Applicants must be current AUA members. Medical students are not eligible.
The application requires the following:
- Contact information and AUA ID
- Career level
- A brief statement expressing your motivation for applying. If applicable, please include prior peer review experience.
- Confirmation of current disclosure record
- Categories/topics of interest
The call for applications will close on August 20, 2023. Applications will be reviewed by a panel and notifications will be sent by October 13, 2023.
For questions, please contact speakers@AUAnet.org.