AUA Assistant Secretary
Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region
Applications Now Being Accepted
The AUA (American Urological Association) is seeking a highly-qualified member to fill the position of Assistant Secretary for the region of Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
The Assistant Secretary is a paid consultant who reports to the AUA Secretary and works closely with the AUA’s International Programs staff. The term will begin on June 1, 2023 for a period of three years, renewable once.
The Assistant Secretary position carries the following significant responsibilities:
- Shapes and executes the AUA’s International Education Plan in coordination with the AUA Secretary (approximately 8 hours per week).
- Identifies new international opportunities and collaborations with various national and multi-national urological societies and maintains relationships with key urologists and other strategic partners throughout his/her geographic region of responsibility.
- Represents the AUA at designated international society meetings in his/her region (approximately 20-25 overnight stays annually
- Attends AUA’s International Membership Committee meetings and serves as an advocate for AUA membership around the world.
- Serves as a Section Editor for AUANews within his/her respective specialty area and writes articles for a variety of AUA publications or other correspondence as needed.
- Supports the AUA Secretary in updating the AUA’s Board of Directors via informational reports and presentations as needed.
The ideal candidate must be an AUA Active or Senior Member, active in the practice of urology, and an internationally recognized urologic educator with a proven track record of achievement in international education programming/coordination experience. Candidates must have outstanding diplomacy, communication, and negotiation skills with proven relationships with key opinion leaders within his/her region. The ability to speak a foreign language within the designated region is a plus, but not required.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A statement of interest that highlights your qualifications for the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation/endorsement from your Urology Chair/Supervisor
- Updated Conflict of Interest/Disclosure record
For information about compensation, general questions or to submit an application, contact Lori Agbonkhese, International Programs Senior Manager at International@auanet.org or by phone at +1-410-689-3735. The application deadline is midnight on Tuesday, November 1, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
Future Openings (Fall 2023): Assistant Secretary-Asia/Australia