Applications Now Being Accepted
The AUA (American Urological Association, Inc. and American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc.) is seeking a highly-qualified member to fill the position of Secretary-elect. The Secretary is elected to serve one non-compensated year as Secretary-elect beginning May 2018 followed by four compensated years as a voting member of the AUA Board of Directors.
The Secretary position carries the following significant responsibilities:
- Record keeping and correspondence of the AUA
- Prepare minutes for Board of Directors Meetings, Annual Business Meeting, and special meetings
- Editor of AUANews
- Program Committee (development and oversight of Annual Meeting scientific sessions)
- Chair of the Section Secretaries/Membership Council and oversight of Member Services functions
- Represent the AUA, along with other AUA Officers, to numerous domestic and international organizations
- Oversee policy review activities
- Serve on other AUA committees as stipulated by Bylaws
The Secretary must be highly recognized in academic urology and must devote significant time to liaison activities among urology subspecialty societies and other affiliated organizations. The Secretary travels extensively (approx. 50 nights away annually excluding weekends). The Secretary-elect position is non-compensated and requires approximately 20 nights away per year (excluding weekends). As an AUA officer, the Secretary is subject to Level I conflict of interest restrictions on certain commercial and other relationships.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a statement of interest and Curriculum Vitae. All applicants also must have a current disclosure record on file with the AUA. For information about compensation, general questions or to submit an application, contact Nancy Waid, AUA Committee & Society Affairs Office by email at nwaid@AUAnet.org or by phone at 410-689-3761. The application deadline is midnight on July 16, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.