The AUA is actively monitoring CDC, state and local health agency guidance on the spread of the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. We will continue to update this section with more information relevant to our members as it becomes available.
Top COVID-19 Headlines
- "Kaiser Foundation Poll: Half of Americans Know Someone Who Has Foregone Medical Care Due to Pandemic"
- "Anti-body Tests for COVID-19 Wrong Up To Half the Time, CDC Says"
- "Researchers Identify Factors That May Increase Risk of Severe COVID-19 Among Patients with Cancer"
New Updates and Resources
- New Articles from the Journal of Urology®
- AGA: Recommendations for PPE During Gastroenterological Procedures
- NCCN: Recommendations for Prostate Cancer Early Detection During the COVID-19 Pandemic [pdf]
- ACS: Post-COVID-19 Readiness Checklist for Resuming Surgery
- American College of Surgeons: Financial Assistance Resources for Surgeons
The outbreak of COVID-19 prompted institutions and governing bodies to postpone and/or cancel non-essential surgeries and procedures.
Get started with telehealth and stay abreast with the latest in regulations, waivers and payment.
Multiple groups have produced guidance on how to use – and in some cases, reuse – PPE.
As providers around the globe work to diagnose, treat and understand COVID-19, a growing body of clinical insights are becoming available.
Our members around the world are working tirelessly in their hospitals and communities to care for patients and fight COVID-19. We’re sharing their stories.
There are many programs and resources to help urology practices manage the business implications of the pandemic.
As decisions are made regarding AUA meetings and courses, we will post them to this section.
The information in this section aims to keep you abreast of the latest legislative developments and updates impacting the urology community.
Resources to help providers understand liability and ethical concerns.