- Congenital or acquired bend of the penis.
- Caused by decreased elasticity in one or more of the fascial layers, leading to shortness of one of the corpus cavernosum when erection occurs.
- Bend may be ventral, dorsal, lateral, or complex (image A).
- Most frequently associated with hypospadias, when the mesenchyme distal to the meatus ceases to differentiate, creating a fan-shaped bend of dysgenetic fascia.
- Acquired chordee may arise following trauma, or may be a result of Peyronie's disease.