On behalf of the AUA Residents and Fellows Committee, I would like to thank you for your interest and invite you to explore the many educational and engagement opportunities that the committee offers.
Since its inception in 2002, the Residents and Fellows Committee has represented the voice of trainee members of the AUA. As a member of the AUA Section Secretaries/Membership Council, the committee aims to advance the concerns and needs of medical students, residents and fellows to the AUA, its regional sections, and its affiliate organizations and partners abroad.
The membership of the Residents and Fellows Committee includes representatives from each of the eight AUA sections and from Canada and Mexico, as well as liaisons from the American Medical Association, the American College of Surgeons and the Residency Review Committee for Urology of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Recent activities and initiatives of the committee include:
- AUA Residents Forum at the AUA Annual Meeting. The largest gathering of residents and fellows at the meeting, the Residents Forum provides education and expertise from national leaders on issues affecting trainees, how-to guidance on the transition to practice and networking opportunities with colleagues around the country
- Monthly column in AUANews highlighting news and trends of interest to residents and fellows
- AUA Residents and Fellows Committee Teaching Award
- AUA Residents and Fellows Committee Essay Content
- The Great Debate and Residents Bowl at the Annual Meeting
- Residents and Fellows Resources Page
- Collaboration with other national and international trainee-focused organizations, including the American Medical Association Resident & Fellow Section, the American College of Surgeons Resident & Associate Society and the European Society of Residents in Urology
We encourage you to learn more about getting involved in resident and fellow activities in the AUA and in your section. For more information about the Residents and Fellows Committee, or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your representative.
Eugene Cone, MD
Chair, AUA Residents and Fellows Committee