The AUA/DGU Visiting Scholar Program provides two DGUs urologist, interested in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), the opportunity to visit a host institution in the United States and attend the AUA's Annual Meeting. This collaborative and exciting program fosters the alliance between the AUA and DGU and assists in identifying future leaders within those organizations.
Funding is provided for two scholars to visit U.S. host institutions for 2 weeks and then attend the AUA Annual Meeting. The selected scholars will observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics and staff activities, but will not perform surgery or hands-on patient care.
The AUA is no longer accepting applications for the 2020 program.
Eligible candidates must:
- A practicing urologist in Germany
- Have an interest in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) treatment
- A member of the local or national urological organization in his/her country
- A certified practicing urologist (within first 10 years of practice)
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- Demonstrate competent command of the English language
- Be able to proactively assist in obtaining a visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- Be able to travel to the United States for up to 3 weeks
The candidates must complete an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and required documents must be submitted by October 1, 2019.
*This program is made possible through an educational grant from: