The AUA/CUA Academic Exchange Program allows young academic urologists to benefit from the sharing of knowledge and experiences with colleagues in China. Medical advances are often the result of fruitful collaboration, and this fellowship is designed to facilitate such opportunities. The program not only allows the sharing of knowledge and experience, but is designed to foster a closer alliance between the AUA and CUA, and assists in identifying future leaders within both organizations.
This reciprocal program designed for two urologists includes a 2-4 week educational experience at an academic center(s) in China and attendance at the CUA Annual Meeting. During the exchange, participants observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics, present lectures and take part in staff activities. The exchanges are "observation only" – participants do not perform hands-on surgery.
We are not currently accepting applications for this program.
Scholars will spend 2-4 weeks visiting Chinese institution(s) and will attend the annual meeting of the Chinese Urological Association in fall 2014.
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- MD degree and full-time academic appointment at rank of assistant professor or higher
- Active membership in the AUA
- Availability to travel for 3 weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)