In 1993, the AUA and the EAU began an award program designed to provide young urology faculty with an international perspective on urologic medicine. The program not only allows the sharing of knowledge and experience but is designed to foster a closer alliance between the AUA and EAU, and assists in identifying future leaders within both organizations. During the odd numbered years, European urologists visit centers in North America, and in even numbered years, North American urologists travel to European host sites. Travel schedules allow sufficient time for a comprehensive overview of clinical facilities and sufficient leisure time for sightseeing.
This reciprocal program includes a 2 week educational experience at academic centers in Europe and attendance at the EAU Annual Meeting. During the exchange, participants observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics, present lectures and take part in staff activities. The exchanges are "observation only" – participants do not perform hands-on surgery.
Scholars will spend two weeks visiting European institutions and will attend the annual meeting of European Association of Urology March 20 - 24, 2020 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- MD degree and full-time academic appointment of assistant professor or higher
- Active membership in the AUA
- Availability to travel for up to three weeks
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and required documents must be submitted by November 15, 2019.