Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 AUA/DGU Visiting Scholar Program. It provides a DGU urologist the opportunity to visit a host institution in the United States and attend the AUA's Annual Meeting in Boston, MA, May 12-16, 2017. This collaborative and exciting program fosters the alliance between the AUA and DGU and assists in identifying future leaders within those organizations.
Funding is provided for one scholar to visit a U.S. host institution for 2 weeks, and then attend the AUA Annual Meeting for an additional week. The selected scholar will observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics and staff activities, but will not perform surgery or hands-on patient care.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A practicing urologist in Germany
- A member of the local or national urological organization in his/her country
- A certified practicing urologist (within first 10 years of practice)
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- Demonstrate competent command of the English language
- Be able to proactively assist in obtaining a visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- Be able to travel to the United States for up to 3 weeks
The candidate must complete an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
To obtain more information, please contact Gina Dorsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the 2017 2017 AUA/DGU Visiting Scholar Program are now closed.
*This program is made possible through an educational grant from: