Nurses (RN, LPN, and LVN), Technicians and Medical Assistants
The AUA serves as a reliable, reputable and relevant resource for urology health care professionals and prides itself on being an inclusive community, supportive of the urology health care team. Recognizing that physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, nurses and other allied health care professionals play a key role in the team-based delivery of care, the AUA offers tools and resources to support the successful integration of these providers into the urologic care setting.
Education for Allied Health Care Professionals Working in Urology
- The AUA provides high-quality continuing education and lifelong learning opportunities, developed by eminent faculty and specifically designed to address the training needs of allied health care professionals.
- AUA's Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of urologists and urology professionals in the world, including opportunities to share, learn, network and preview the latest medical technology in the field, with special tracks for advanced practice providers and allied health care professionals.
Practice Resources for the Urology Care Team
- To improve patient care, we raised the bar on quality through evidence-based guidelines, white papers and free patient education materials through our official foundation, the Urology Care Foundation.
- To assist with managing the business operations of a urology practice, the AUA offers practice management support through our network dedicated to those managing the practice, coding and reimbursement seminars, and a coding hotline.
- We also provide guidance for our members on proposed models for a team-based, integrative approach to care through documents such as the AUA's Consensus Statement on Advanced Practice Providers.
Relevant News, Journals & Information
- Urology Practice, an official journal of the AUA and companion to The Journal of Urology®, focuses on clinical trends, challenges and practical applications in the areas of business, health policy, the specialty and patient care.
AUA Member Benefit Chart
Review the AUA Member Benefit chart for a listing of free, discounted or optional benefits by membership category.