Research Scientist Members
Research Scientists, DVMs, and Non-Practicing MDs
Our mission is to promote the highest standards of urologic clinical care through education, research and in the formulation of health care policy. The AUA provides support to urology researchers of all backgrounds - MD and PhD engaged in basic, translational and clinical research across the spectrum of urologic diseases.
Research Funding for the Entire Spectrum of Urologic Research
- The AUA is committed to research and is a champion of progress in delivering best practices for urologic care. The AUA, together with the Urology Care Foundation, has provided nearly $30 million to advance the careers of over 750 investigators since 1975. These awards provide critical support to identify and develop research leaders, many of who are responsible for the latest breakthroughs in research and patient care.
- Through the AUA's partnerships with urologic research organizations, we provide research and investigator support for the entire spectrum of urologic diseases.
Funding for Young Investigators
- Recognizing that today's trainees are tomorrow's leaders, the AUA provides significant support for early-career investigators through a variety of grant writing and funding opportunity workshops, dynamic research conferences and other resources.
- More than 600 investigators impacting urology today have advanced their research careers through support from the AUA and Urology Care Foundation.
- The AUA's research advocacy initiatives forge relationships with federal funders and enhance members' engagement and success in urologic research.
- The AUA's Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of urologists, urology health care professionals, and urology researchers in the world and provides the global research community opportunities to present learn and share news of discovery and advancement.
AUA Member Benefit Chart
Review the AUA Member Benefit chart for a listing of free, discounted or optional benefits by membership category.