From the AUA Secretary: 10 Things Not to Miss at AUA2021
By: John D. Denstedt, MD, FRCSC, FACS, FCAHS | Posted on: 06 Aug 2021
Next month, urologists, residents, researchers and advanced practice providers from around the world will make their way to Las Vegas, Nevada for the 116th AUA Annual Meeting. The AUA Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of urologists in the world, providing unparalleled access to groundbreaking research, new guidelines and the latest advances in urological medicine.
While there are so many spectacular events and activities occurring, here are 10 things not to miss at AUA2021:
- AUA Presidential Address: Make sure to check out AUA President Scott K. Swanson, MD, FACS during the Plenary on Saturday morning as he delivers his Presidential Address on an unprecedented year and reflects on his term. You never know what new information he may have to share!
- Semi-Live Surgeries: Don’t miss out on these pre-recorded surgeries, which will play on the plenary screen while being moderated. Topic areas include oncology, robotics, benign prostatic hyperplasia/lower urinary tract symptoms and more. This program will also feature text-to-moderator capabilities so attendees can send in their questions while the program is happening.
- Virtual Platform: With the ever-changing environment of this past year, the AUA is providing more registration options to meet your personal and professional needs. If you are unable to join us in Las Vegas, we encourage you to participate online.
- Plenary Sessions: There are more than 30 hours of Plenary programming happening during AUA2021. New programs this year include When Disaster Strikes: Preventing and Managing Nightmares in Urology, Game Changers: Newsmakers in Urology and Urology Physician Compensation Models, along with your favorite programs like Second Opinion Cases and Crossfire: Controversies in Urology.
- The Square: Between sessions, make your way to The Square, where you can have all your AUA membership questions answered at Member Central, learn more about free patient education materials from the Urology Care Foundation, purchase products from the AUAUniversity Store and more.
- Video Abstract Theater: New to The Square this year is the Video Abstract Theater, where you can take advantage of watching video sessions while you relax in our new theater setting, which includes lounge seating.
- Walking Challenge: New this year! Challenge your colleagues while supporting the Urology Care Foundation.
- Science & Technology Hall: Explore the latest and greatest in the Science & Technology Hall. Make sure you plan your schedule to visit the 350+ exhibitors offering the latest in tools and services to support your practice.
- AUA2021 Residents Bowl: While you’re in the Science & Technology Hall, stop by the AUA2021 Residents Bowl to cheer on the team from your AUA Section. The AUA Residents Bowl aims to test residents’ knowledge in different urological subspecialties, the history of urology and important new research findings.
- A Night at the Races: On Friday night attend the social event of AUA2021, A Night at the Races, to benefit the Urology Care Foundation. This signature event will be an evening full of spirited racing traditions, entertainment and plenty of chances to wager your luck. All proceeds from the event help support the Foundation’s research and patient education programs.
See you September 10–13 in Las Vegas! For more information, visit AUA2021.org.