Coding Books, Newsletters and Software
The following resources will assist your office in understanding CPT® coding, Medicare payment policy and the national Medicare Fee Schedule for all procedures. This listing is not all inclusive and is for informational purposes only. AUA does not endorse any specific product.
- Coder's Desk Reference for Procedures, a book developed by Ingenix, Inc., which provides an illustration and layman's explanation of all procedural codes. Order Online.
- Part B News, a newsletter dedicated to Medicare policy and reimbursement news. To order, visit decisionhealth.com.
- CPT® Assistant, an American Medical Association (AMA) online tool that provides articles on coding as well as answers to common coding questions. To order, visit ama-assn.org.
- AAPC, The American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) is one of the nation's largest medical coding organizations. For more information, visit aapc.com.
- AHIMA,The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is another organization promoting coding through certification and membership. For more information, visit ahima.org.