Supported by the Urology Care Foundation and Urovant Sciences, the new Leadership in Education, Achievement and Diversity (LEAD) Program will support three urology residents, per year, from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in urologic research. These residents will conduct mentored research, engage in AUA research education opportunities and be championed through networking events as they develop successful research careers and better serve the urology patient community.
Program participants will have access to:
- Research funding provided by a Urology Care Foundation Residency Research Award.
- Mentorship through the AUA’s Urology Scientific Mentoring and Research Training (USMART) Academy, which provides impactful, external mentorship between developing urology researchers and established investigators with exemplary track records of leadership and mentorship.
- Networking opportunities through the annual Urology Care Foundation Research Honors Program and Reception.
- Travel support to attend scientific conferences and present their research.
- The Early-Career Investigators Workshop to develop a solid foundation for grant writing.
The LEAD Program will launch in the fall of 2021.