The AUA offers a portfolio of mentored research training awards to recruit outstanding young investigators into urologic research and foster their career success.
The Research Scholar Program, our premier funding opportunity, provides $40,000 per year for one- and two-year mentored training for:
- Clinical and postdoctoral fellows who are no more than five years beyond completing a doctorate or residency
- Early career investigators who are in the first five years after beginning a faculty position
The 2021 competition is now closed. Please check back in summer 2021 for next year's competition.
Download the Program Announcement and Application Agreement
- 2021 Research Scholar Award Program Announcement [pdf]
- 2021 Research Scholar Award Proposal Agreement [pdf]
2021 Research Scholar Awards are sponsored by:
- AUA Mid-Atlantic Section William D. Steers, MD Award
- AUA New England Section Wyland F. Leadbetter, MD Award
- AUA New York Section E. Darracott Vaughan Award
- AUA Southeastern Section (one award)
- AUA South Central Section (two awards)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Inc. Award
- Joseph Segura Scholarship in Endourology and Stone Management
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America Award
- Societies for Pediatric Urology Sushil Lacy, MD Award
- Society of Urologic Oncology Award (two awards)
- Society of Urologic Oncology Specialized Programs of Research Excellence Award
Funding of these awards will be contingent on the availability of funding, which, due to the current effects of the coronavirus pandemic, cannot be determined at this time. Final determinations regarding award funding will be made at the time of awardee selection.