The AUA offers a portfolio of mentored research training awards to recruit outstanding young investigators into urologic research and foster their career success.
The Research Scholar Program, our premier funding opportunity, provides $40,000 per year for one- and two-year mentored training for:
- Clinical and postdoctoral fellows who are no more than five years beyond completing a doctorate or residency
- Early career investigators who are in the first five years after beginning a faculty position
The 2022 competition is now closed. Please check back in summer 2022 for next year's competition.
Download the Program Announcement and Application Agreement
- 2022 Research Scholar Award Program Announcement [pdf]
- 2022 Research Scholar Award Proposal Agreement [pdf]
2022 Research Scholar Awards are sponsored by:
- AUA Northeastern Section (two awards)
- AUA North Central Section (two awards)
- AUA Southeastern Section (two award)
- AUA Western Section (two awards)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Inc.
- Endourological Society
- Endourological Society Raju Thomas, MD Award
- Indian American Urological Association Anupam Ted Kedia Award
- Indian American Urological Association Sakti Das, MD Award
- Chesapeake Urology Associates Sanford J. Siegel, MD Prostate Cancer Award
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Societies for Pediatric Urology Sushil Lacy, MD Award
- Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction Hari Badlani Award
- Society of Urologic Oncology