AUA and Association Francaise d’Urologie (AFU) Visiting Scholar Program*
The AUA/AFU Visiting Scholar Program provides two AFUs urologist, interested in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), the opportunity to visit a host institution in the United States and attend the AUA's Annual Meeting. This collaborative and exciting program fosters the alliance between the AUA and the AFU.
Funding is provided for two scholars to visit North American host institutions for 2 weeks and then attend the AUA Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, on April 28 – May 1, 2023. The selected scholars will observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics and staff activities, but will not perform surgery or hands-on patient care.
- A practicing urologist in France
- Have an interest in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) treatment
- A member of the local or national urological organization in his/her country
- A certified practicing urologist (within first 10 years of practice)
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- Demonstrate competent command of the English language
- Be able to proactively assist in obtaining a visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- Be able to travel to the United States for up to 3 weeks
- The candidates must complete an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
Submit your online application and supporting documents by October 17, 2022.
*This program was made possible through an educational grant from: