Attention: Restrictions on use of AUA, AUAER, and UCF content in third party applications, including artificial intelligence technologies, such as large language models and generative AI.
You are prohibited from using or uploading content you accessed through this website into external applications, bots, software, or websites, including those using artificial intelligence technologies and infrastructure, including deep learning, machine learning and large language models and generative AI.
The AUA's Commitment to Transparency
As the leading worldwide organization for urologists and their patients, the AUA is committed to maintaining transparency in its relationships. This endeavor is of paramount importance among AUA's internal structures, member segments, Association leaders and policy makers, and extends to external relationships with related medical organizations and industry. Collaboration with other corporations is critical to supporting and providing top-notch programming and products to the urologic community. We are committed to maintaining high ethical standards at all stages of these partnerships to minimize actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
As a charter signatory to the Council of Medical Specialty Societies' Code for Interactions with Companies [pdf], we take our commitment to transparency very seriously, and maintain a number key policies and protocols to support these efforts, including:
- AUA Code of Ethics
- AUA Policy Statement: Endorsement of Commercial Products
- AUA Principles, Policies and Procedures for Managing Conflicts of Interest
- Guiding Principles for Membership Interactions with Industry
For more information, or for specific disclosure reports, please contact commaff@AUAnet.org.
Other policies available include:
- ACCME Essential Areas and Elements, including the Standards for Commercial Support, and Accreditation Policies
- AUA Bylaws
- AUA Speaker/Faculty Guidelines for Industry Event Participation
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) Code of Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) Code of Ethics on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals
- AMA's Position on Direct-to-Consumer Advertising
- The Use of Off-label Drugs for the Treatment of Urological Patients
- AMA Opinion – Gifts to Physicians from Industry