The information on this page provides resources for reimbursement of urologic treatments.
Understanding the Reimbursement Process
National Provider Identifier Application
Don't Forget Your NPI. National Provider Identifier (NPI) compliance will go into effect in May 2007, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are encouraging all physicians to apply sooner rather than later. The NPI is free and can be applied for online.
- Consultation Verification Form [pdf]
- Consultation Versus Transfer of Care Flowchart [pdf]
- Transrectal Prostate Ultrasound and Prostate Biopsy Report [pdf]
- Smoking Cessation Worksheet [pdf]
Common Urology Drug Payment
- What is the Average Sales Price (ASP) for Drugs and How does CMS Calculate the ASP Based Payment Limit? [pdf]
- Quarterly ASP Drug Payments Chart [pdf]
Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- New CPT handout [pdf]
International Classification of Diseases Diagnosis Coding