Join Our Email List!
Sign up to receive information from the American Urological Association!
2015 Data Grant Recipients
Bradley Erickson, MD
Assistant Professor of Urology, University of Iowa
Project Title: Urologic care in rural America: Assessing the impact of physician extension and physician extenders in the state of Iowa
Dr. Erickson’s project studied important topics pertaining to urologic care in rural and underserved areas, including the role of physician outreach clinics, the utilization of advanced practice providers and how providing urologic care rural settings affects the quality of care.
- Brenton G. Sherwood, Yu Han, Kenneth G. Nepple, Bradley A. Erickson,
Evaluating the Effectiveness, Efficiency and Safety of Telemedicine for Urological Care in the Male Prisoner Population,
Urology Practice, Volume 5, Issue 1, 2018, Pages 44-51, ISSN 2352-0779
- Brenton G. Sherwood, Kenneth G. Nepple, Bradley A. Erickson,
Managing the High Incidence of Testicular Pain and Pathology in Prisoners with Telemedicine,
Urology Practice, Volume 5, Issue 5, 2018, Pages 372-376
- Bradley A. Erickson, Yu Han, William Meeks, Scott Gulig, Raymond Fang, Kiran Annam, Kenneth G. Nepple,
Increasing Use of Advanced Practice Providers for Urological Office Procedural Care in the United States,
Urology Practice, Volume 4, Issue 2, 2017, Pages 169-175
- Matthew A. Uhlman, Thomas S. Gruca, Craig A. Jarvie, George M. Ghareeb, Paul G. Morrison, Yu Han, Kenneth G. Nepple, Bradley A. Erickson,
Taking the Procedure to the Patient: Increasing Access to Urological Procedural Care through Outreach,
Urology Practice, Volume 4, Issue 4, 2017, Pages 335-341
- Tobert CM, Nepple KG, McDowell BD, Charlton ME, Mott SL, Gruca TS, Quast L, Erickson BA. Compliance With American Urological Association Guidelines for
Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Remains Poor: Assessing Factors Associated With Noncompliance and Survival in a Rural State. Urology. 2019 Jun 25. pii:
S0090-4295(19)30562-X. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2019.06.021. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31252002
- Swanton AR, Alzubaidi AN, Han Y, Nepple KG, Erickson BA. Trends in Operating Room Assistance for Major Urologic Surgical Procedures: An Increasing Role for
Advanced Practice Providers. Urology. 2017 Aug;106:76-81. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2017.05.007. Epub 2017 May 10. PubMed PMID: 28499759
Mitchell Sokoloff, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Urology, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Project Title: The impact of clinical care guidelines on prostate cancer screening practices in a population-based setting
Dr. Sokoloff’s study assessed how primary care providers' (PCPs) use of PSA screening for PCa has evolved in the United States and how PCPs follow up on elevated PSA test values, including repeat PSA tests, referrals to specialists and biopsies.